Business Operations Manager
About Lending Club
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named one of Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013.
You will be responsible for dramatically improving the scalability of Lending Club and borrower/investor experience through automation, process and new technologies. This position will work closely with Risk Management, Credit & Fraud Operations, Member Support, Investor, Product, Engineering and other operational leadership teams to identify, develop, test and optimize business processes scalability. The Business Operations Manager will driving diverse projects and initiatives with a large degree of autonomy and visibility.
Sample projects include:
- Design and optimize contact strategy across all customer segments (2) Design and lead the implementation of a new customer communication channel (3) Supporting the launch of new investor products
- Dedicated and relentless leadership and project execution. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations. You are known as someone who "gets stuff done."
- Structured thinker. Develop and leverage frameworks to help structure the team's thinking, facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various stakeholders and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, actionable answers without boiling the ocean with analysis overload.
- Technology and Process Design. You are equally comfortable solving problems through technology as you are through operational excellence, and know when to employ the right tactic.
- Great communicator. You connect easily with front-line agents to truly understand how our operations work, and you make a convincing case to our executive team about how we should change.
- Athlete. Play a wide-variety of roles to get the job done.
- Fast Mover. We move fast...done is better than perfect, and continual iteration is important. You are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business.
- High-energy, positive standout colleague. This is a highly cross-functional role; egos are not welcome.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5-8+ years of experience in business operations, product management, banking/PE/VC, and/or consulting role
- Top-notch communication and presentation skills, including experience communicating insights through data with senior-level executives
- Self-starter and ability to own projects from initial question development to rollout
- Prior financial services experience, particularly in lending
- Master of Business Administration
- Previous entrepreneurial / project management / software development experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Stata, R, JMP, Excel and other data analysis software
Why Join Us? We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, a 401K match, great food, game rooms, and a convenient location in downtown SF. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As one of our employees put it: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal."
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
No agencies please.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top