Business Development Representative
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're headquartered in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us? Within Lending Club, LendingClub Patient Solutions is the fastest growing third party financing brand today, offering attractive financing to both the elective healthcare and private education markets. At Lending Club, we foster an environment where people look forward to coming to work and feel a sense of accomplishment, appreciation and genuine camaraderie. We staff our team with highly competent, motivated individuals who share our desire for excellence and innovation. We're located in Westborough, MA.
The Role: You'll be responsible for achieving and maintaining territory sales goals through new client acquisition, excellent client service, and management of existing account relationships in a dynamic growing financial services company.
Achieve Sales Objectives:
- Grow an assigned sales territory to achieve and exceed forecasted goal.
- Follow up with sales leads generated through incoming calls, advertising campaigns and other promotional efforts. Contact clients via telephone to register and follow up to provide training, support and new product information.
- Cultivate long term business relationships with key clients in the territory.
- Develop general and client specific sales strategies based on territory reports and analysis that will enable targeting of the accounts that will have the biggest impact on the assigned territory
- Effectively manage time between acquisition and retention of accounts to craft the optimal client experience and improve client revenue.
- Work closely with the Field Account Managers in their assigned territory to develop a shared team approach to handling new accounts as well as top revenue generating accounts.
- Provide accurate client and territory information for the development of potential usage forecasts.
- Apply knowledge of LendingClub's products and services to best meet client needs.
- Implement marketing strategies and tools provided in strategic ways to provide the best return on investment.
- Share feedback on LendingClub offerings with marketing and senior management.
- Collect and report competitive information and develop ways to minimize territory attrition and continue to acquire market share.
- Assist with and help resolve client complaints as needed in a timely manner. Notify management of any recurring issues and propose corrective actions.
- Understand and support company sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective service to all clients.
- Accompany other sales team members to trade shows to provide prospective clients information regarding company products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Phone sales experience preferred
- Skillful negotiation and presentation abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A basic understanding of financing and lending
- Software, Internet and Database skills (knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing)
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top