LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're headquartered in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us? Within Lending Club, LendingClub Patient Solutions is the fastest growing third party financing brand today, offering attractive financing to both the elective healthcare and private education markets. At Lending Club, we foster an environment where people look forward to coming to work and feel a sense of accomplishment, appreciation and genuine camaraderie. We staff our team with highly competent, motivated individuals who share our desire for excellence and innovation. We're located in Westborough, MA.
THE ROLE: As a Business Analyst, you'll use data and analytical tools to drive insights, innovation and results across each of our business areas that falls to the Business Insights team. You will collaborate with team members to inform and refine our longer term strategy by supporting the Sales, Marketing, Operations and/or Credit business areas and senior management. You should have strong analytical skills, be comfortable in a fast-growing company environment and thrive in a dynamic organization. This position will report to the Director of Business Insights.
- Perform business analyses at both a macro and micro level to identify and evaluate market and company trends as well as make strategy recommendations based on empirical data
- Utilize data mining methodologies and statistical techniques to track, identify, and evaluate opportunities to impact sales activities ranging from relationship acquisition to account management and retention
- Maintain regular reporting; Optimize and streamline existing reports; Build new ad-hoc and standardized reports
- Communicate analyses to partners within the Investor & Business Insights team as well as senior leaders
- Perform general problem solving for any issues that arise; particularly in relation to sales operations
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with your counterparts within the company
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading university in a quantitative major, such as Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Quantitative Economics or a related field
- MBA or Master's Degree in a quantitative area is a plus
- 2+ years of relevant work experience including consulting or analytics; ideally within the Consumer/Retail Lending industry
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in mathematical, statistical, financial or economic related analyses
- Experience analyzing large data sets, querying databases and sorting through complex data to identify business implications
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with logistical regression analysis using statistical modeling tools, such as SAS or JMP
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools
- Attention to detail; strong sense of logic; accountability for results
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate and present ideas through verbal, written and face-to-face communication.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work well within teams
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top