Big Data Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
Lending Club's Data Architecture group is responsible for the strategic architecture and deployment of the data infrastructure ecosystems. As a key member of the Big Data team you will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing major components of next generation stream and batch processing platform in Lending Club.
- Strong experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns
- Experience in architecting, building and maintaining (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures
- Experience building big data solution using Hadoop technologies
- 2+ years Java development experience Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Solid understanding of SQL and experience Hands on experience using Map/Reduce, and Hive Experience using Sqoop and Flume is a plus
- Understanding of MPP systems, HDFS, Map/Reduce, HBase Experience with stream processing technologies such as Storm/Spark is a plus
- Experience with other technology such as amazon ec2 is a plus
- A strong team player Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
Back to top