Back Office Specialist, Processing Team
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club is seeking a Back Office Specialist to join our Operations team. This individual will demonstrate a customer centric work-ethic, supporting and partnering with various Lending Club enterprise groups such as first and third party collections, Member Support, Treasury, Customer Advocacy, and Compliance. Our Back Office Operations team plays a key role in Lending Club's commitment to our customers by meeting servicing level expectations set to meet our high volume of daily tasks. Our management approach is metrics-driven; we utilize strong data, testing, and new technology to continually enhance our servicing capabilities. Our fast-paced, dynamic team environment supports servicing needs via e-mail in addition to processing tasks driven by our phone teams and enterprise partners. Ideal candidates will have experience in high volume processing environments that are highly regulated and centered around time sensitive tasks.
The primary responsibilities would include:
- Processing new or updated bankruptcy filings, managing exception reporting and submitting Proof of Claims.
- Handling deceased borrower accounts and using skip tracing skills to research confirmations.
- Supporting Operations with statement documentation such as Fully Paid and Payoff Statements, Settlement Letters and outbound account request confirmations.
- Supporting 3rd party collections agencies and Vendor Management with account transitions.
- Partnering with Treasury Operations
- Processing check payments; reviewing exceptions and unidentified payments.
- Partner with other departments to provide reporting and resolve issues on cross-functional projects.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed and other duties as assigned.
Key skill areas:
- Have a minimum 1-2 years of Operations or Finance experience or a minimum of 6-12 months payments-related experience in collections, loan servicing, or applicable consumer lending experience.
- Applicants must possess strong system skills, collections, processing and analytical skills.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills; timely and accurate follow through.
- Self-motivated; detail oriented; able to self-manage, prioritize and be a critical thinker.
- Demonstrate quantitative, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- ZenDesk experience preferred, or other CRM equivalent.
- Possess good business judgment with a strong focus on customer service.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Be a strong team player with a high level of professionalism and initiative.
- Possess intellectual curiosity to become a subject matter expert in the current process and assist in process improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite preferred (Word and Excel required).
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or a related field.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top