Associate General Counsel - Personal Loans
About Lending Club
LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) (“Lending Club”) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Since then, we’ve built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates – $1 billion at a time.
Lending Club’s Legal Department is seeking talented candidates for the position of Associate General Counsel – Personal Loans (AGC). Based in San Francisco, the AGC will report to our VP, Sr Associate General Counsel and will manage a Corporate Counsel. He or she will be an expert in consumer finance laws and regulations and must anticipate and deliver on the needs of Lending Club’s fast-paced and innovative $22B personal loans business. He or she will be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the flexibility to manage a wide range of innovative projects proficiently.
- Supporting growth and ongoing maintenance of Lending Club’s $22 Billion personal loan portfolio;
- Supporting the business in its expansion of product offerings;
- Partnering with the business in streamlining processes;
- Partnering with issuing bank for ongoing monitoring and refinement;
- Deliver legal counsel and expertise on the development of new products and services, consumer finance laws and regulations, marketing, account servicing and other business matters;
- Provide leadership on the development and implementation of operational and risk management processes and procedures;
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, within Legal team and partner collaboratively to identify issues and share potential concerns and ideas with team members;
- Work closely with issuing bank partners on marketing review, partner contracts and new product launches;
- Manage the successful delivery of services by outside counsel; and
- Drives and executes special projects in support of key objectives of the Legal and Compliance teams.
- J.D. with superior academic credentials;
- State bar member in good standing;
- At least 8 years of combined law firm or government and in-house legal department experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility;
- Deep expertise in consumer finance laws and regulations applicable to loans made through Lending Club’s platform, including Fair Lending, TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA and/or GLBA
- A business and solution-oriented approach to resolving issues;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners and external customers, with comfort interacting with associates across departments and job levels;
- Ability and desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law;
- Desire to pitch in and to learn new areas of the business and legal practice;
- Propensity to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Comfort with an innovative, disruptive, test and learn culture; and
- Impeccable integrity.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top