Analytics Manager, Consumer Lending Initiatives
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Analytics Manager to join our Borrower Finance team that works directly with LendingClub's President. Grounded in finance, the position will have two core sets of responsibilities:
1) Lead and support cross-functional, end-to-end analytical projects that solve critical business issues and improve company's financial performance, focused on but not limited to Lending Club's borrower products spanning personal, auto and small business loans. Typical projects include pricing analysis and optimization, customer life-time-value (LTV) calculation and analysis;
2) Lead continuing development and maintenance of management reporting infrastructure that supports critical and highly visible management reports and dashboards used by senior executives in the company.
In addition, this position will complete analysis to support our quarterly and annual strategic and financial planning and budgeting processes.
You are a self-motivated, highly analytical and strong problem solver, with a genuine interest to uncover actionable insights from various financial and operational data sources. You use data to tell a story and you have a strong desire to understand critical drivers of our borrower products. You can roll-up your sleeves, form a hypothesis, go find the data, test and learn. You know how to strike the right balance between detail and big-picture. In addition, you are a great communicator – knowing how to use a set of tools (presentation, dashboard, data) to communicate insights and recommendations effectively to audience of different levels. Familiarity with various tools (Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, Tableau, etc) to obtain, process, analyze data and develop and communicate insights is important. You strive to develop scalable solutions and automation is your second nature. This position reports to the Director of Finance but will work cross-functionally with all levels of employees within LendingClub.
- Lead / participate in often cross-functional end-to-end analysis from idea generation to influence implementation that improve impacts to LendingClub's borrower products;
- Lead development of new reporting solutions to effectively communicate key business insights in a visually appealing way;
- Partner with technology stakeholders to improve enterprise and department level data warehouses;
- Assist in other projects and initiatives including but not limited to short and long-range financial and strategic forecasting.
- Bachelor degree in an analytical field
- Minimal 4-6 years of relevant experience, preferably in investment banking, management consulting, financial services, technology / start-ups
- Strong business insight and excellent communicator
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint
- Financial and operational modeling experience
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau Desktop
- SQL query skills (Oracle, Hive, etc) or willingness to learn
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top