Soho, New York | Engineering | Full-time
We're searching for an experienced data scientist with a passion for number crunching and model building!
As the second Data Scientist in our NY office you will be responsible for developing sophisticated models around pricing and risk mitigation. You will own the entire end-to-end pipeline of your models, from ideation and research to deployment and monitoring. You'll collaborate with other data scientists while also working closely with various cross-functional stakeholders as you help define business opportunities.
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented professional with a love for analytics and an ability to work effectively and efficiently. Are you a creative innovator who wants to challenge an entire industry's status quo? You've come to the right place.
- 2+ years working as a data scientist (preferably for a fintech startup)
- Fluent in Python with a focus on ML libraries
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of visualization UI tools such as Jupyter Notebook
- Proficiency in model metric definitions and measurement
- Experience working on high-scale, production-grade projects
- Keen analytical skills with an insatiable appetite to drive solutions
- You're an all-around team player and a self-motivated problem solver
- MSc+ in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience, is an advantage
Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters, homeowners, life, and pet insurance in the United States, contents and liability insurance in Germany and the Netherlands, and renters insurance in France. We're powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics, and driven by social good.
A Certified B-Corp, Lemonade donates unused premiums to nonprofits selected by its community as part of our annual Giveback program. We incorporate our values into everything we do-from our business model to our office culture.