Soho, New York | Legal/Compliance | Full-time
We're looking for an experienced P&C technician who is eager to join a fun, energetic team of insurance veterans who are passionate about regulatory compliance.
In this role, you'll leverage your command of the principles of customer complaints as you flex your issue-spotting muscles. You'll review and dissect insurance documents-including claims and other transactional records-to ensure our business practices are in line with state laws and regulations. You'll also draft professional, comprehensive, and timely responses to customer and regulatory complaints.
Meanwhile, you'll make recommendations for process improvements and develop regulatory complaint metrics that will be utilized by business stakeholders to analyze complaint trends. The ideal candidate will also be able to lend their expertise to the regulatory examination process, including pre-exam document production, data requests, and preparation of business process narratives and explanations.
- Extensive P&C insurance knowledge
- BA in English, History, or Political Science preferred
- Experience with customer complaint principles
- Passion for thriving within a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely
- Comfortable and adaptable to learning new technology and business tools
- Upbeat attitude, detail-oriented mindset, and a desire to get shit done
Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters, homeowners, car, pet, and life insurance insurance in the United States, contents and liability insurance in Germany and the Netherlands, and renters insurance in France. We're powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics, and driven by social good.
A Certified B-Corp, Lemonade donates unused premiums to nonprofits selected by its community as part of our annual Giveback program. We incorporate our values into everything we do-from our business model to our office culture.