Sr UX Designer
LegalZoom is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to build cutting edge, highly visual, and interactive experiences on one of our innovation teams. You’ll work closely with your cross-functional team to define, design, validate and deliver a product that is highly desirable and beautiful, but also simple to understand and use. As a dedicated senior member of the team based in Glendale, CA, you will be responsible for the customer experience for a critical aspect of our product experience. This is a great opportunity to impact millions of small business owners and personal consumers of legal services.
What You’ll Do:
- Design digital experiences with a relentless pursuit towards simplicity, delight, innovation, and measurable results while possessing a solid understanding of UX best practices, methodologies, and artifacts.
- Consistently consider the holistic user experience, including potential states (e.g. errors, successes, dead-ends).
- Define a UX approach to best solve each project within your core team to deliver products and services while representing the voice of the user and considering context of the solution.
- Utilize and contribute to global design system and understand how, and when, to create reusable patterns.
- Employ design thinking and data informed methodologies to help team understand how customers think, act, and feel using our products.
- Lead and design collaborative workshops, brainstorming, storyboarding, and wireframing sessions within your core team.
- Quickly generate and validate team assumptions using qualitative and quantitative methods and produce rapid iterations based on research findings.
- Perform in-depth research analysis of competitors, industry, and business intelligence reports.
- Effectively communicate to and involve other stakeholders when necessary.
- Prioritize and define UX deliverables for their team based project objectives and requirements.
- Participate actively and constructively in design critique sessions and provide feedback to team members.
- 4-7 years of experience as a UX designer, service designer, experience strategist, or related discipline.
- Strong portfolio of shipped products for multiple devices. Well versed in context and limitations of mobile, tablet, desktop.
- Solid understanding of design research methods—Usability, Ethnography, Competitive Audit, etc.
- Expert in design toolset such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, and Abstract and be comfortable using any design tool we pickup.
- Practical understanding of technical frameworks, data structures, API call strategies as well as building within a SCRUM team and SCRUM methodology.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other analytics package is a plus.
- Inspiring, open-minded, hardworking, collaborative, and passionate. Highly-motivated self-starter with a great sense of humor.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top