Sr Manager, Revenue Accounting
We are unable to accept candidates who currently or in the future will require work Visa’s.
The Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting will be responsible for providing technical expertise in revenue recognition taking into consideration additional GAAP principles as required. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator coupled with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on product revenue accounting.
The ideal candidate will be extremely hands-on with strong Excel proficiency and able to analyze large amounts of data. We are looking for a CPA with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change through written and verbal communications are imperative.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Business Units, Finance and Legal teams for providing recommendations based on Legalzoom’s Revenue Recognition Policy and/or Procedures.
- Document multi-element revenue arrangements and related revenue accounting treatment under current revenue recognition rules.
- Publish accounting whitepapers to document the accounting positions, as necessary.
- Work actively with external auditors to ensure that revenue recognition interpretations are consistent and compliant with GAAP. For particularly complex revenue recognition deals, ensure that the external audit team agrees with the company’s conclusion through the “profiling” process.
- Manage evaluation of data for VSOE on products and services. Drive processes and automation of the implementation of VSOE, as applicable.
- Develop and oversee analytical monitoring of compliance on VSOE and collaborate with the BUs on potential impacts from changes in pricing and product offerings.
- Support external SEC reporting and SOX processes as required.
- Ad-hoc Reporting and Analytics as required.
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to subordinate(s).
- Responsible for month end revenue closing and reconciliation.
- CPA required.
- 10 years progressive experience plus relevant managerial roles.
- Revenue recognition experience, specifically ASC 605 and 606.
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Familiarity with revenue accounting/reporting systems preferred.
- Excel and Powerpoint proficiency.
- Public and private experience.
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
VIP Specialist, Customer Care
As a VIP Specialist with the Customer Care Team, Taji and his team ensure that customers have the best experience they can with the LegalZoom platform and products.
Back to top