Senior Payroll Specialist
LegalZoom.com is looking for an experienced individual to take the lead of our payroll process. This person needs to be driven, independent, self-disciplined and ready to embrace new challenges as they come. This is a well-rounded payroll position which includes providing monthly payroll reporting to departments, vacation accrual and usage, preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and roll-out of various payroll projects during the year. LegalZoom seeks a professional that is both flexible and technically sound; and one that has a skill for providing meaningful reporting and recommendations.
What you'll do:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 750+ employees
- Review and finalize payroll before submission
- Research and resolve payroll related inquiries: direct deposit, deductions, garnishments, W-4 changes
- Coordinate & process monthly bonus payroll
- Calculate and process manual checks
- Provide timely management reports.
- Document processes and instruct employees, leadership and People Operations on payroll and self-service procedures.
- Perform a range of accounting level support for the Finance department
- Reconcile payroll related clearing accounts, maintain payroll general ledger accounts and respond to all internal payroll related questions/concerns that arise in the Finance department.
- Perform periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external auditors
- 3-5 years experience processing payroll for 500-750 employees; preferably for a major e-commerce company.
- Detailed knowledge of the payroll process, deductions for withholding, FICA, Medicare, benefits, 401k etc. and compliance with federal and state requirements related thereto.
- Knowledge of ADP WFN software and reporting tools
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- General understanding of general ledger and financial accounting and financial statement reporting and how they are impacted by the payroll process and accounting.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, self-managed environment -- must be a self-starter and act independently.
- Ability to identify and analyze problem situations and develop an effective course of action for resolution.
- Ability to take on supervisory responsibility for other employees as the Finance organization continues to grow and expands the payroll and other functions
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail, but still have the ability to see the big picture
- Proven focus on teamwork.
- Prior experience in cross-departmental project coordination (marketing, production, IT, customer service, etc.)
- Knowledge of payroll process compliance under SOX is a strong plus.
- Global payroll knowledge is not necessary but a definite plus.
Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top