LegalZoom.com is seeking a scientific programmer/analyst to help with our Data Science efforts. We are seeking a highly-motivated scientific programming engineer with experience in Python, scientific packages in Python, a working knowledge of deep learning frameworks, and probabilistic programming using PyMC. This position will work to establish a Python codebase which supports a number of predictive models, data manipulation, and other scientific functions used by data scientists and business analysts.
What you'll do:
- Work to develop a Python codebase framework for various scientific needs, including unit and regression tests.
- Develop the Python platform codebase for LegalZoom using Python, Keras, Theano, Tensorflow, PyMC3
- Refactor current predictive models, and extract commonly used functions into a reusable set of packages and libraries
- Manage the codebase using Github
- Manage the environment using Anaconda
- Help to develop a release management process to deploy new models to our production servers.
- Support and extend existing predictive models for customer LTV, marketing forecast, subscription retention, micro-segmentation, etc.
- Port models to Jupyter Notebook for use by the analytics team
- Extract and develop data using SQL with SQL Server
- Apply agile approaches for proof-of-concept requirements. Using iterative methods to help drive and refine information requirements, mockups, and prototyping
- At least a B.A., in either Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or a similar discipline.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to effectively discuss and present technical information to analytics, engineers, and business users.
- At least 3 year experience in Python
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks, Keras, Theano, Tensorflow
- Experience with probabilistic programming using PyMC or PyMC3
- Good SQL experience to extract and manage data from SQL Server
- Experience with Excel and/or Tableau
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Experience with the software development lifecycle
- Experience managing projects with Github and Anaconda
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
We are unable to accept applicants who currently or in the future will require a work Visa.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top