LegalZoom is the nation's leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and legal documents for small businesses and families. We are a high-growth, fast-paced company, with a mission to disrupt the legal industry by bringing great legal help to people at a reasonable price. We believe in hard work, passion for what we do and how we deliver, and innovation in all areas of the organization.
We are looking for an experienced individual to play a critical role in our revenue accounting function. This position will be responsible for supporting our daily and month-end close revenue accounting and business-to-business reporting related processes. These will include but not necessary be limited to daily AR Invoicing and application of cash receipts, journal entries, initiating check requests relating to revenue share for our business partners, analyzing and recording bank transactions, analyzing balance sheet accounts, as well as a variety of ad hoc analyses and reports.
What you'll do:
- Analyze/reconcile/document revenue related balance sheet accounts in concert with the fiscal close.
- Timely invoicing to our various business partners and application of cash receipts.
- Update receivables by maintaining AR aging schedules and addressing uncollected balances.
- Work on assigned duties relating to the close (accrual journal entries, adjustment, and revenue transaction uploads).
- Assist in strengthening and optimizing processes.
- Create and upload journal entries and maintain journal entry log.
- Prepare and review financial statements complete with supporting analysis.
- Assist with internal control formalization.
- Assist in year-end audits, tax preparation, etc.
- 2-3 years public and/or industry accounting experience. E-commerce experience a plus.
- General Ledger and/or Revenue accounting experience.
- Expected CPA obtainment within 2-3 years.
- Ability to interact and work with various business units to resolve issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills and managing large data files.
- Pluses: Knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software, RevStream (or similar revenue engine), SQL reporting and query writing, ability to write macros, familiarity with database architecture and functionality.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top