We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
LegalZoom is looking for talented, passionate, and driven engineers to join the Product Experiences team and help support our mission of 'Democratizing Law'.
LegalZoom has helped millions of customers become business owners by enabling them to #makeitofficial with business formation solutions such as an LLC or Corporation. These SMBs look to LegalZoom when taking the next steps on their journey of running a business, such as getting the right business licenses, opening a business checking account or creating a new company website – this is where our secure, trusted partner ecosystem intersects with the LZ customer experience, enabling LZ to deliver those customer needs via Strategic Partners.
We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is a self-starter and can learn quickly. Your job will be to help roll out new software systems by inserting directly into execution teams in order to spread and evangelize the latest and greatest technologies.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in software design, developing and managing the delivery of highly-scalable, micro-services driven, cloud-based systems, and leveraging a combination of frontend and backend technologies running in containers.
- Lead, develop, and inspire a team of engineers to meet initiative objectives
- Help introduce new technologies to engineering teams, taking part in the training, adoption, and execution of new platforms
- Work closely with other engineering teams to gain bottom-up consensus in delivering technology solutions
- Full-stack hands on development
- Design and communicate solutions that help software engineers deliver to growing business needs
- Accelerate the development process by implementing improvements to the developer pipeline
- Develop a deep understanding of the system, write technical specifications, mentor development team, enforce coding standards
- Drive the DevOps culture, taking quality into your hands, enabled by automated testing and continuous integration
- Present technological solutions to IT leadership that communicate the value, intent, and tradeoffs of your approach
- Build and foster stakeholder relationships both within your team and among others
- Contribute to the department’s identity, standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Support the daily operations of the IT/Tech department
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field required
- 10+ years of intense technical experience in the areas of web development and application integration
- 3+ years working in the role of principal or staff engineer in a high-transaction, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 5+ years of hands-on programming in .NET or Java and relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- 3+ years developing in other backend platforms such as NodeJS, Python, PHP, etc.
- 3+ years working with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB, Neo4J, Redis, Cassandra, etc.
- Previous experience as a technical leader and/or leading an agile/scrum team
- Hands-on experience writing tests using automation frameworks (Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, etc.)
- Expert hands-on knowledge of front-end frameworks and layout systems such as Bootstrap, Foundation
- Experience building out design systems, pattern libraries, and/or style guides
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.