LegalZoom's Engineering team is seeking a talented PHP Developer. This role is responsible for leading the design, development, and maintenance efforts for all LegalZoom Local web-based products and services. Key responsibilities include gathering and defining implementation requirements, working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders, Business, Operations and Technology teams, and guiding projects through the entire product development lifecycle. Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership qualities, is detail oriented, has strong problem solving and analytical skills, is comfortable operating at a fast pace, is capable of overseeing several large projects with minimal input, drives for results and has a high standard for quality.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop new features as specified by Product Management
- Accurately estimate the scope and effort required to deliver complex projects
- Work with product managers and fellow engineers to come up with creative solutions
- Work with QA group to develop test cases
- Attend regular Scrum sessions and actively participate in design meetings
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; and maintaining personal networks.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of working with PHP 5.6+ is required
- Proficient in PHP and experience with other languages a plus
- Experience with any PHP framework (Zend, Symfony, Laravel, etc) or an ability to present a sound understanding of one of these frameworks.
- Can quickly learn and work effectively with existing code, new frameworks, technologies or cloud services.
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts, design patterns and coding best practices
- Experienced in REST API development, MySQL and relational database design.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing well-documented and reusable APIs.
- Comfortable working with GIT source control
- Must have strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills
- Familiar with web security best practices
- Comfortable working with the LAMP stack
- Experience architecting, developing and supporting enterprise class or high availability systems.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and ability to influence peers to develop extensible and high-quality software.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player mentality; solutions-oriented; continuously strives to deliver quality work
- Consulting or start up experience (preferably Lean Startup)
- Experience with an Agile Transformation
- Experience working with PHP 7
- SPA development experience
- Experience delivering high code quality through unit testing and linting
- Experience with at least one CMS (Drupal, Wordpress)
We are unable to accept applicants who currently or in the future will require a work Visa.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top