Partner Manager (Business Development) Based in Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, Austin or Glendale, CA.
Our growing business unit (LifePlan) is focused on bringing LegalZoom's suite of personal products/services and over 15 years of expertise into the employee benefits space. We are looking for eager, talented and take charge individuals who can jump right in and take LifePlan to the next level.
This position can be based in Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, Austin or Glendale, CA.
What you will do
- Identifies opportunities to acquire new employer groups to sell the LifePlan offering by working with brokers/consultants, third party administrators, and direct sales to prospects within their assigned territory.
- Deliver the financial performance (revenue growth) through sales by driving customer relationships, seeking partnerships and executing on sales strategy.
- Track, monitor and report sales pipeline.
- Responsible for working with account teams to retain clients on an ongoing basis and look for potential opportunities to add additional product lines to existing clients within his/her assigned territory.
- Ensures that LifePlan is aggressively and competitively positioned through all distribution channels within their assigned area(s); assists with the development of strategies and plans to grow the business; develops selling models to optimize sales results.
- Establishes and builds relationships with brokers/consultants, third party administrators, and with decision makers and influencers within organizations who will market LifePlan to the nation’s leading employers or procure the service for their companies; manages these relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Creates and maintains a business plan within the assigned territory based on the customers’ likely requirements; drives the pipeline and revenue goals for accounts within their scope of responsibility to meet and ultimately exceed growth goals.
- Assesses short-term and long-term market potential by understanding LifePlan’s current market position within the assigned territory.
- Defines desired market position and long-term goal with each broker though effective account planning within assigned broker/consultant relationships
- Professionally manages the sales pipeline by strategically monitoring health and tracking top pursuits.
- Develops and maintains a holistic view of LifePlan offerings and competitor and market landscape within the assigned territory and identifies growth opportunities.
- Facilitates different elements of broker/consultant enrollments and case development including, but not limited to, formulating/submitting product proposal requests for approval, ordering and delivering brochures, client enrollment support, and marketing materials
- Partner Managers are not only responsible for client acquisition, but will required to work with account and servicing teams to retain existing and clients by identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for organizing and hosting networking, sales and road show events in their region.
- Extensive travel required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school graduate and four years of related work experience or a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have sales experience within the employee benefits industry.
- Employee Benefits industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of financial, tax, estate and insurance planning preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening skills and organizational ability.
- Problem-solving and teamwork-facilitating skills.
- Ability to create and implement strategies that will increase number of active broker/consultant relationships, accounts, penetration of existing accounts, and acquisition of new accounts; accomplishment at both the individual, team, region, and national level.
- Strategies to include but not limited to Voluntary Benefits, Core Benefits, Financial Wellness, Identity Protection, platform technologies, and employee engagement and education.
- Knowledge of project management software(s) such as Asana, Microsoft Project, or equivalent software.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top