LegalZoom.com is looking for a corporate paralegal to be the organizational and efficiency backbone of our legal team.
What you'll do:
- Thorough review and analysis of commercial contracts, including limited drafting and delivery of recommendations to company counsel.
- Implementation, management, and maintenance of the company's contract management system, which requires the ability to review, understand, and synthesize common contract provisions.
- Maintenance of legal department forms and contract clause library.
- Work with technology, finance, marketing, and other teams, including senior leadership, to initiate, negotiate, and complete contracts and administer other legal department operations.
- Craft summaries and communications for core corporate functions such as IP notices, lease and contract deadlines.
- Support our risk and litigation team, as needed, including assistance with production and organization of subpoena response materials.
- Monitoring and assistance with regulatory filings
- Assistance with regulatory compliance, due diligence, and legal support for our finance team (as needed).
- Management and coordination of administrative functions within the department, including letter preparation and event coordination.
- Contribution to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
- BA/BS Degree or Paralegal certificate.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a paralegal, with a preference for paralegals who have worked in private companies or have had significant contract management exposure.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of common commercial contract clauses.
- Highest sense of professionalism and confidentiality. Must take professional responsibilities seriously in a casual working environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and cope well with change.
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with members of the legal team and all levels of management.
- Solid background in contracts with the ability to (a) draft form agreements and (b) review, understand, synthesize, and communicate basic provisions from various types of contracts.
- Notary Public or willingness to quickly take notary certification course.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook (including management of meetings and contacts), and related software applications.
- Comfort with simple calculations.
- Ability to have a good time in a casual atmosphere, while working hard and meeting expectations!
- Internet or high-tech experience.
- Experience drafting contracts beyond form agreements.
- Ability to conduct legal research.
- Experience drafting corporate organizational documents (e.g., minutes, board resolutions, etc.).
- Familiarity with contract management systems or database software.
- Proactive, self-starter with a drive to continually improve his/her abilities, the department, and the Company.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top