Manager, Test Automation (1120-494)
Manager, Test Automation
Be a part of a team that tests high volume online technology in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership qualities and 5+ years of test automation and quality assurance experience, with a demonstrated history of working with e-commerce companies. This is a hands-on testing job that will build out a new team for the company and grow into coaching and managing of that team.
Our ideal candidate will have deep experience with test automation frameworks and QA. We are looking for strong verbal and written communication skills, established leadership skills, and a team-player mentality.
What you’ll do:
- Apply and develop automated test frameworks and tools to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals.
- Develop testing tools and work with various stakeholders to ensure standard QA/QE processes are implemented and followed.
- Build and manage a team, performing periodic reviews, coaching and performance management.
- Split time between development and coaching/managing other test automation engineers.
- Establish a test automation strategy.
- Analyze existing systems to find areas for improvement.
- Translate existing manual regression, functional and load testing cases into automated tests.
- Conduct diagnostic analysis and troubleshooting to resolve complex software issues.
- Collaborate with the development and functional QA organizations to ensure that automation activities provide the highest benefits.
- Evolve automated test framework to achieve higher test throughput, increased accessibility and test execution flexibility.
- At least 5 years prior hands-on experience in automated quality assurance / testing (APIs, Web, Mobile).
- Current hands-on experience with test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, WebDriver, TestNG, HtmlUnit or JMeter.
- Experience with testing APIs (stress, load, security testing), including but not limited to REST-based APIs and Services, blackbox and whitebox testing.
- Experience with Python and Java programming languages. 2 – 3 years hands-on engineering experience is a requirement.
- Experience with testing complex multi-tiered web based systems and complex data-driven applications.
- Proficiency with adding, modifying and extracting data from a SQL database.
- Ability to work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
- A passion & aptitude for technology.
- In-depth understanding of and experience with requirements analysis.
- Experience with leading teams and managing/coaching individual contributors (previous experience as a Lead, Supervisor, or Manager).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with agile and waterfall development methodologies.
- Six Sigma or Lean certifications are a plus.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top