Manager, Change Control
Be a part of a team that manages technology in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership qualities, 3+ years of release management and change control experience, and demonstrated history of working with e-commerce companies. This is a hands-on job that facilitates the change control process and manages an existing team. Established leadership skills with a team-player mentality required. Candidates should have strong verbal/written skills and experience with designing/continuously improving process and governance.
What you'll do:
- Protects LegalZoom's hardware and software assets by managing technology change control processes and tools and their day-to-day operations.
- Acts as a central point of contact to communicate in a proactive and consistent manner with all levels of personnel in IT and the other business units.
- Performs in a role that adheres to and enforces LegalZoom's change control policies while working to improve them.
- Maintains a global view of company priorities while at the same time meeting the business' need for speed-to-market.
- Makes objective decisions consistent with Change Management policies and priorities with the goal of maintaining stable pre-production and production environments.
- Organize, coordinate and execute requests for changes to multiple production, staging and testing environments.
- Schedule launch windows and maintain a launch calendar.
- Coordinate production launches (e.g., monitor stability, help resolve issues, make rollback decisions).
- Communicate the status of requests and changes to appropriate LegalZoom personnel.
- Ensure that all requested change processes adhere to published change control policies, including required documentation and management approvals.
- Work with the technical teams to detect and manage interdependencies.
- Directly manage release management and cross-functionally manage a distributed build environment.
- Report analytics to monitor the change control process (e.g., # of open changes, rate of completion), and work with the PMO, technical teams and ops to continuously improve change control practices.
- Work with IT management to continuously improve IT metrics and analytics.
- Evangelize and manage process improvements to the change control process.
- At least five years experience as an IT manager, including two years as a Change Control or QA manager or Project Manager
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt, and thrive, through change.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with both IT and various other business units.
- Good judgment, and ability to push back on others (i.e., say no) when appropriate.
- Highly reliable to follow through on commitments.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Policies & procedures writing experience.
- Experience with agile and waterfall development methodologies.
- Six Sigma or Lean certifications are a plus.
- BS or BA in technology-related degree
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top