Junior Data Scientist
LegalZoom.com is seeking a Jr. Data Scientist to help with our Data Science efforts. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual with experience in Python and SQL to help deliver data science at LegalZoom. Work with us to employ state of the art techniques in machine learning, deep learning, and probabilistic programming. This position will supports a number of predictive models, data solutions, data processing and manipulation, as well as other scientific functions used by data scientists and business analysts.
What you'll do:
- Work with the data scientists to develop a Python codebase for predictive and prescriptive modeling, along with the development of other data science capabilities.
- Develop data solutions using multiple sources, such as SQL, Google Analytics, and other platform API's
- Develop and maintain our Python platform codebase for LegalZoom using Python scientific packages such as Numpy, Pandas, Keras, Theano, Tensorflow, PyMC3
- Refactor current predictive models, and extract commonly used functions into a reusable set of packages and libraries
- Manage the codebase using Github
- Manage the environment using Anaconda
- Help enforce software best practices, and work with others to deploy new models to our production servers.
- Work with the business to apply scientific methods and to evolve data science solutions
- Support and extend existing predictive models for customer LTV, marketing forecast, subscription retention, micro-segmentation, etc.
- Apply agile approaches for proof-of-concept requirements. Using iterative methods to help drive and refine information requirements, mockups, and prototyping
- At least a B.A., in either Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or a similar discipline.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to effectively discuss and present technical information to analytics, engineers, and business users.
- At least 2 years of experience in Python
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks, Keras, Theano, Tensorflow
- Experience with probabilistic programming using PyMC or PyMC3
- Good SQL experience to extract and manage data from SQL Server
- Experience with Excel and/or Tableau
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Experience with the software development lifecycle
- Experience managing projects with Github and Anaconda
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
We are unable to accept applicants who currently or in the future will require a work Visa.
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top