Information Security Engineer
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a highly engaged group of IT professionals, allowing you to make a positive difference while reducing Information Security risks within one of the world's largest legal-service providers. The company has a strong focus on business and digital (cyber-security) initiatives, including the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all business and IT assets. The role will be highly visible within this space and will be working within a structured team where leadership not only provides oversight, but guidance and critical paths for personal and career oriented growth.
The Information Security Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of information security across all of IT supporting the Director of Information Security's mission in developing and maintaining a robust security strategy with solid security policies; protocols and procedures across enterprise security architecture, security operations center (within the SOC), data center security, network security including cloud security, and a strong focus on infrastructure support working parallel with the Infrastructure team (Network and Server).
What you'll do:
- Superior breadth of experience in information security with capabilities to support both network and server teams.
- On time reporting capability for any security incidents and vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for defending the network against malware, viruses and all threats that negatively impact confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Implement and support endpoint encryption and enterprise email encryption with PgP.
- Proactively monitor newly-emerging information security threats, assess the company's risk exposure to them, implement mitigating measures and communicate this information to Director of Information Security.
- Establish strong working relationships with third party providers for ongoing or ad hoc security initiatives.
- Assist in the evaluation of outsourced/third-party technologies as related to the management, transmittal, protection and storage of corporate data.
- Help deploy and track enterprise-wide security controls to ensure the confidentiality of data across multiple geographically separated data centers.
- Ensure security logs are reviewed on a regular basis (NOC/SOC and/or other Tech resources).
- Assist Director of Information Security to gain hardening compliance of all infrastructure/security appliances and software including firewalls, VPNs, IP load balancers, IPS, file integrity monitoring software, and Security Event Information Management system (SEIM).
- Relevant experience in Patch Management (WSUS is a plus) – must feel comfortable supporting 2000 endpoints within an infrastructure.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure team to troubleshoot and maintain Group Policy
- Minimum of 5-8 years of Information Technology Experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Security
- Certifications a plus CEH, CompTIA Security +, SANS GIAC.
- Proven ability to apply information security best practices across multiple sites.
- Significant understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies including network, server (Windows & Mac), end-point, mobile, and antivirus technologies.
- Ability to support technical, security related projects
- Strong communication skills
- Acts locally with a strategic perspective
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Possess current information security credentials
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top