Head of FP&A
- Glendale, CA
The Head of FP&A will provide financial leadership and business partnership reporting to the CFO. The role manages all short-and long term financial planning while providing senior management and institutional shareholders with analysis & management reporting of various businesses and opportunities as identified and or requested.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership and oversight of LegalZoom’s financial annual operating plan, forecasting and long term strategic planning.
- Lead the budgeting & forecast process for all groups. This includes the business model, its drivers, P&L, Balance sheet, Cash flow & CAPEX.
- Partner with Executive team and Department VPs in reviewing and delivering monthly financial results and KPIs, identifying areas needing action and providing recommendations for organic growth, margin improvement and cost savings initiatives.
- Provide support and leadership to the global headcount planning process.
- Oversee the financial systems as it relates to forecasting/budgeting, analysis, and management reporting.
- Drive improvements to company global FP&A practices: deeper P&L analysis, multi-year forecasting, etc.
- Establish and develops disciplines for quarterly guidance to Wall Street and collaborate with investor relations.
- Manages preparation of presentations to Executive Management, Board, and Investors including content creation, clear and concise presentation, timely delivery and accuracy of all management reports.
- Partnership with accounting to sync accounting with forecasting & reporting, and works with Data Services and business units to streamline and automate reporting.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the US Core business including its web and mobile funnel and its KPIs, gross margin improvements, CAC, LTV and Opex efficiencies.
- Drive strategic profitability and organic growth & margin expansion to the overall US Core business.
- Identify areas of opportunity for revenue generation or cost savings; develop business cases for company initiatives.
- Develop additional KPI’s to measure effectiveness and efficiency of department cost.
- 10+ years in a related position
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA preferred
- Private Equity/Hedge fund experience preferred
- Extremely well developed analytical skills
- Extensive financial modeling experience (10+ years)
- Strong leadership and people management skills with a bias towards collaboration
- Ability to lead and drive change in a global organization
- Must be detail oriented
- Solid organization skills; ability to manage time effectively
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Able to effectively manage projects; results oriented and able to roll-up the sleeves in order to accomplish necessary tasks
- Self-starter with proven ability to work well across an organization and as a part of a team
- Proven ability to work effectively in fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are necessary.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top