Director, Finance & Shared Services
Director of Finance & Shared Services
LegalZoom is the nation's leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and legal documents for businesses and families. We are high-growth and fast-paced with a mission to disrupt the legal industry by bringing great legal help to people at a reasonable price. We believe in hard work, passion, and innovation for what we do and how we deliver.
As part of this dynamic team, the Global Finance team is seeking an exceptional accounting professional who is familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures. We seek an individual who embraces challenges and can rely on his/her experience, educational background and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Director of Shares Services will be responsible to help develop and formalize our global shared-services function. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, project manager and have exceptional technical strength and creativity to help drive process improvements, finance effectiveness and the formalization of our internal control over financial reporting. This role will report to the Controllership and initially manage a team of 5 people.
What you'll do:
- Support our Finance teams and business units including foreign subsidiaries.
- Support the Controllership and CFO to build out a world-class shared services center over the next 3 years.
- Manage month-end close process and prepare internal financial reports. Responsible for monthly report review and research to ensure financial transactions are complete and accurate.
- Be an advocate for Finance effectiveness. Drive process improvements and help formalize our internal control over financial reporting.
- Help relieve the transactional burden on the business and our foreign subsidiaries and drive centralization of processes.
- Help with post-acquisition implementations and onboarding.
- Manage and support the Accounts Payable ("AP"), Accounts Receivable ("AR") and billing functions, including supervision, prioritization of deliverables, and management of internal and external communications.
- Work with our Legal team on the Company's capitalization table and stock administration.
- Assist in special and ad hoc projects.
- Assist in financial statement audits, tax filings and compliance filings
- 10+ years private and public accounting experience.
- Big 4 highly preferred with significant Technology and/or Software industry experience.
- CPA required.
- Significant experience with internal control over financial reporting including implementation and operation of controls and working closely with internal and external audit functions.
- Strong and broad technical accounting background.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, process-driven, a strong project manager and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and able to support implementation efforts.
- MS Office proficiency including advanced excel.
Back to top