Director, Business Intelligence
Director of Business Intelligence will create and lead a best-in-class data, analytics and insights capability including managing the data warehouse, developing reporting dashboards and scorecards, and evangelizing the use of analytical tools & techniques throughout the company. Leads a team of analytical professionals in establishing metrics, providing innovative data analyses and partnering with department professionals to support their business intelligence needs. This candidate will be technically strong and will enhance our capabilities to make data-driven decisions and recommendations. This individual will collaborate with leadership and directs teams to assure strategic, operational and developmental goals of the organization are met. This is a hands-on, build position that will be instrumental in building the data warehouse structure and shaping the company culture around data-driven decision making and governance.
What you'll do:
- The responsibilities include directing the development, implementation and enterprise wide adoption of tools, systems, and processes designed to support the organization's information and data needs. Responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical team operations including: data preparation, data warehousing, reporting, analytics, data exploration, information delivery (portals, mobile), BI competency center or center of excellence.
- Develop a comprehensive BI program and work with the Business groups to provide frequent insight and business intelligence to help them make data-backed decisions
- Responsible for leading design and development activities related to enterprise data warehouses solutions for the organization.
- Integrate corporate reporting by extracting data from a variety of sources as well. Partner with senior management to understand and deliver performance insights and key analytics solutions.
- Build, mentor, and guide business intelligence team to provide BI technical solutions as well as actionable information.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the master data management disciplines of data governance, Meta-data management, data quality and master data integration and architecture.
- Other duties required by Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related fields.
- 10+ years of experience leading Business Intelligence and/or analytics with track record of increasing leadership growth, complexity and responsibilities.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a visualization development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology.
- Business acumen with the ability to understand the commercial, operational and financial priorities of the business and align analytics initiatives and activities on the areas of highest impact.
- Practical Analytical: Analytically rooted balanced with a practical side that has a bias toward action versus paralysis by perfection.
- Fearless Leadership - highly-disciplined self-starter with a strong POV who can positively, effectively lead themselves and others, often in ambiguous and/or new territory.
- Communication - proficient verbally and in writing as this person will work with across the organization to champion a data-based culture.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or equivalency to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards that influence behavior.
- Understands the range of options and best practices for common ETL design techniques such as change data capture, key generation and optimization.
- Knowledge of SQL (HiveQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.) to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data.
- Programming skills in Python to cleanse, manipulate, and present data
- Programming skills in R for statistical modeling.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Good understanding of data architecture in a cloud environment with Azure, AWS, Google or other.
- Experience in Ecommerce with subscriptions is preferred.
- Broad experience across different database technologies both relational and non-relation: MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandara
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
We are unable to accept applicants who currently or in the future will require a work Visa.
Back to top