Desktop Technology Engineer
LegalZoom.com, Inc. is an online legal technology company. Legalzoom provides legal solutions in various common categories including copyrights, DBAs, divorce, business formation, trusts, wills, name changes, patents, power of attorney, pre-nuptial agreements, real estate leases, trademark registration. The company also provides a directory of attorneys as a certified California attorney referral service and offers flat fee legal plans with member-reviewed attorneys.
As a Desktop Technology Engineer at Legalzoom - you'll provide second line support to all our end user by being the first escalation point from desktop support team. The Desktop Technology Engineer will also be responsible for management all desktop, and laptop technology systems including standard image creation, maintenance and distribution of software packages, virus and patch management, and participation and leadership in software evaluation and desktop platform testing.
This role also provides onsite technical support to end users in resolution of desktop hardware and software related issues and configure and build packages.
What you'll do:
- Expert knowledge in development and management of workstation images and software deployment packages. Develop and manage fully automated imaging and application delivery process across entire company (currently using Manage Engine).
- Responsible for successful deployment and upgrades of workstations. This includes security patches, client software, software upgrades, and new software deployments. Coordinate remediation with End User Support as needed.
- Expert level of knowledge and administration of Active Directory, Group Policies, login scripts, Windows file system security and registry.
- Strong understanding of enterprise antivirus solutions, endpoint data protection and encryption, VPN, Wireless Access, printers, VOIP phones, & peripherals.
- Supporting mobility: configuration, synchronization support of mobile devices like smartphones including Mobile Data Management.
- Provide on-going operations support including operating systems releases, upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, security updates and any system change activities.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning for all end-user systems.
- Troubleshoot issues through reproducing the problem, doing root cause analysis and determining resolution.
- Create and update documentation for IT supported services and applications.
- Administer and maintain client desktop, laptop and thin client environment to support application processing requirements. This includes the planning and implementation of an annual desktop refresh program, image management and application standardization and scripting.
- Knowledge of effective workstation Quality Assurance testing procedures.
- Participate in on-call rotation for evening and weekend support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field or relevant work experience
- Advance knowledge of Windows Server (2008/2012), Desktop Operating systems Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS.
- Experience with Single Sign On and Identity Management (currently using Ping One).
- Experience deploying software and images using Configuration Management tools (currently Manage Engine).
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop products including Office, Exchange, SharePoint, Skype/Lync, and O365 for both Premise and Cloud based deployments.
- Solid technical background in hosted/virtualized (VDI) services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications (VMware)
- Advance knowledge of scripting SQL and Schema experience.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- MSCE Certifications preferred
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
Work is primarily performed in a typical business office environment setting using standard office equipment. Occasional travel may be required.
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top