Data Architect (945-494)
The Data Architect will expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Data Architect will be responsible for strategically designing, developing, and implementing data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. This role is responsible for understanding data sources, usage and lineage for enterprise information.
What you’ll do:
- With minimal supervision work on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business units.
- Translate business and technical requirements into robust, secure and scalable solutions.
- Provide architectural solutions covering data structures, integration, security, and retention.
- Establish Data blueprints, frameworks, standards and best practices.
- Develop strategies and standards for data acquisition, governance, warehousing, archival/recovery and destruction.
- Participate in information meta-data strategy definitions.
- Conduct data model reviews with project team members.
- Ensure data strategies and architectures are in regulatory and security compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related fields.
- 10+ years of intense technical experience in the areas of data architecture, data modeling, data management, data engineering and/or data governance.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and experience in presenting to business and technical team including executive management.
- Deep understanding of relational and dimensional database domains as well as extensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, application programming, and web and software applications.
- In-depth hands on experience with one or more of the following are highly desired: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MYSQL, SSIS, SSRS, Informatica, EDI and Web Services.
- Strong background in master data management, metadata management, information life cycle design and development.
- Understands the range of options and best practices for common ETL design techniques such as change data capture, key generation and optimization.
- Exposure to MPP Databases like Netezza a plus.
- Experience and exposure to Hadoop and/or NoSQL environments a plus.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Must be a strong team player.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top