The Data Architect will expand the company's use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Data Architect will be responsible for strategically designing, developing, and implementing data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. This role is responsible for understanding data sources, usage and lineage for enterprise information.
What you'll do:
- With minimal supervision work on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business units.
- Translate business and technical requirements into robust, secure and scalable solutions.
- Provide architectural solutions covering data structures, integration, security, and retention.
- Establish Data blueprints, frameworks, standards and best practices.
- Develop strategies and standards for data acquisition, governance, warehousing, archival/recovery and destruction.
- Participate in information meta-data strategy definitions.
- Conduct data model reviews with project team members.
- Ensure data strategies and architectures are in regulatory and security compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related fields.
- 10+ years of intense technical experience in the areas of data architecture, data modeling, data management, data engineering and/or data governance.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and experience in presenting to business and technical team including executive management.
- Deep understanding of relational and dimensional database domains as well as extensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, application programming, and web and software applications.
- In-depth hands on experience with one or more of the following are highly desired: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MYSQL, SSIS, SSRS, Informatica, EDI and Web Services.
- Strong background in master data management, metadata management, information life cycle design and development.
- Understands the range of options and best practices for common ETL design techniques such as change data capture, key generation and optimization.
- Exposure to MPP Databases like Netezza a plus.
- Experience and exposure to Hadoop and/or NoSQL environments a plus.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Must be a strong team player.
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top