If you are an entrepreneurial, creative, business-minded business attorney who is looking for something new, we would love to talk to you. LegalZoom Global Services is looking for an exceptional corporate attorney with 3-7 years of experience to be a part of a new kind of innovative legal practice. This attorney must enjoy and be comfortable with providing regular consultations to small business and start-up owners over the phone.
What you'll do:
- Advise and counsel small businesses and start-ups on general business and legal matters including, corporate and LLC formation, investment and financing of the company, partnership and shareholder matters, real estate and employment issues, marketing and advertising, and other commercial, regulatory compliance, and operational issues
- Review, draft and negotiate formation documents such as Bylaws and Operating Agreements, shareholder agreements, promissory notes and loan documents, commercial purchase and lease agreements, website terms and conditions and privacy policies, demand letters, employment agreements, vendor and supply agreements, and other business agreements
- Research business and legal issues as necessary
- Counsel small business owners and start-ups on general business initiatives
- Work extensively with internal sales team to ensure customer needs are met
- Work with senior leadership to help develop and innovate the legal practice
Candidate must possess:
- Extensive experience and general enjoyment working with small businesses and start-ups
- Superb oral and written communication skills with ability to explain legal concepts to non-attorneys on a regular basis over the phone and online
- Strong work ethic and desire to exercise initiative, understand business and practical considerations, and work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent legal judgment, business acumen and practical and common sense skills to understand the needs of small business and start-ups and to effectively translate legal principles to small business owners and start-ups in terms they would understand
- Ability to prioritize work and respond to multiple demands
- Skills to manage legal group in Austin, work with and oversee outside counsel, and maintain a legal budget
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing with the Texas bar
- 3-7 years' experience as an attorney working at a law-firm or in-house in a fast-paced legal or business environment
- Ideal candidate will have previous experience owning and/or operating a small business or start-up
- Ideal qualities include some background in tax, securities, intellectual property, and providing general litigation advice
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Meet Some of LegalZoom's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Hae manages the overall operations of the Customer Care Team by supporting employees and reviewing call center metrics to ensure customers get fast, consistent service.
Back to top