Business Intelligence Tableau Developer (1191-494)
LegalZoom.com is seeking a BI Tableau Developer to join our Business Intelligence team. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional with experience in BI operations, business requirements gathering, data integration and solution design, understanding of report and dashboard development, data warehouse modeling, BI modeling and KPI analysis. This position will develop data solutions with the business that will be modeled and delivered through agile approaches with the Data Services team. You will be the BI architect and primary liaison between BI and Business Analysts embedded within the business, supporting Product, Marketing, Finance, and Attorney Services. This position offers great opportunity for growth and advancement.
What You’ll do:
- Work directly with the Director of BI and the business analysts to drive LegalZoom’s BI Excellence strategy and execution.
- Understand how to elicit requirements from the business to develop and deliver the BI data warehouse, dashboards, subject area analysis, and predictive forecasting
- Provide business departments with operational support around existing and newly developed data solutions and reports
- Lead front-end development for BI as we deliver a new data warehouse to the business
- Develop SQL solutions using SQL Server and SSIS, soon to be Informatica with Netezza
- Identify quick-wins which can be used to provide interim support of analysis while BI executes to deliver requirements through the formal BI/DW capabilities
- Apply agile approaches for proof-of-concept requirements. Using iterative methods to help drive and refine information requirements, dashboard mockups, and prototyping
- Support cross-organizational initiatives to improve key performance indicators, offering suggestions as to how information can be used more effectively to improve business performance
- Help develop the enterprise data warehouse backlog through the discovery process with the business.
- Work with Data Services in user story, and data grooming sessions.
- Oversee the development of the BI semantic layer and metadata layers associated with Tableau, R, and enterprise BI capabilities (e.g. SAS, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Perform high-level data analysis, dashboard interface design, develop user acceptance testing (UAT) criteria, and BI documentation
- Develop and deliver presentations to BI stakeholders, evangelize BI, and help train our business users
- A minimum four years of work experience in Business Intelligence
- At least a B.A., preferably in either Computer Sciences, Statistics, Marketing, Economics or Business Administration
- Experience with any of the major BI vendor tools (SAS, MicroStrategy, IBM, etc.)
- Experience with performance dashboards, balanced scorecards, strategic management
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to effectively present analyses to both internal and external clients and influence change
- Strong data development skills, particularly using SQL (SQL Server a plus)
- Excellent ability to elicit, gather, and manage requirements
- Exposure to working in an Agile process environment
- At least 2 years of experience working with Tableau Desktop and Server
- Exposure to Tableau 9.x.
- Ability to provide attractive presentation layers.
- Prior experience or exposure to data models, and multidimensional modeling
Other Preferred Criteria:
- Understanding of data warehouse architectures (Kimball a plus)
- Working knowledge of SSIS (Informatica a plus), and/or other data integration tools
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in an environment where collaboration and an entrepreneurial spirit are key
- Exceptional curiosity for data, and how information can be used to solve real problems
- Ability to quickly and effectively build partnerships with stakeholders across the company
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Tableau certification is a plus
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top