The Application Architect will help to drive the company's full stack engineering road map in order to enable corporate goals and objectives. The Application Architect will achieve this by strategically designing, developing, and implementing applications and services for enterprise-level systems. This role is responsible for understanding the needs of the business and translating that into mobile first, full stack solutions that are scalable and based on best practices. This individual will act as an advocate and governance over front and back end engineering technologies including web, mobile, API, and system integration related development. You will be responsible for coaching developers to continuously elevate their engineering skills to deliver innovative and high quality applications. The Application Architect will lead by example, evangelize the technology roadmap, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques.
This position will require an individual who can work with minimal supervision on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business units while constantly ensuring that their work is aligned with the long term architectural strategies of elasticity, security, and modularity. The candidate needs to have great passion for technology and emerging trends and should provide guidance to ensure that Legalzoom remains on the cutting edge of technology and can offer new features to the business, thereby reducing "Go To Market" time for new product offerings.
What you'll do:
- In conjunction with the VP Engineering, Chief Architect and departmental leaders, establish and evangelize a holistic application architecture, framework, standards, and best practices
- Responsible for establishing the application architecture working with engineers, infrastructure, security and other technical specialists to define changes needed to applications
- Understand product and operational requirements and translate them into architectural requirements to achieve company's strategic goals
- Govern implementation of application architecture model for LegalZoom's applications
- Suggest improvements/new technologies to the enterprise to support new capabilities as required by the business
- Research new technologies to introduce in designing and building scalable online and mobile applications & sites
- Evangelize and mentor other members of technology organization
- Spearhead proof of concept efforts in order prove out technology choices and organizational fit
- Ensure that application strategies and architectures are in regulatory and security compliance
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of cross-system integration, interactions and relationships in order to develop an enterprise information view
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Other duties required by Management
- 10+ years of intense technical experience in the areas of web development, API development, mobile development, distributed systems and application integration
- 3+ years working in the role of application architect in a high transaction, fast paced and dynamic environment
- 5+ years experience developing solutions in the .NET framework
- 5+ years of hands on experience working with traditional relational database technologies
- 3+ years experience building native iOS and/or Android mobile applications
- BA or BS degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or equivalent experience
- Broad knowledge of multiple development platforms such as .NET, Java, NodeJS, etc...
- Broad experience across different database technologies both relational and non-relation: MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandara
- Knowledge/Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services.
- Extensive experience with various web front end technologies such as AngularJS, React, LESS/SASS, Bootstrap, Gulp, Grunt including responsive and adaptive development
- Proven experience designing and implementing enterprise solutions around messaging, caching, service discovery/bus, enterprise integration
- Hands on experience working in a hybrid cloud environment with Azure or AWS
- Working knowledge of deployment / hosting architectures including virtualized systems, application containers and cloud based solutions
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and principles as well as secure application networking (OWASP Top 10, NST, PCI/DSS)
- Experience in a heterogeneous environment (e.g. Linux, Windows, .NET, etc.) and willing to pick the right technology to meet the business need
- Balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward towards the strategic vision; participate in the road map to achieve the vision
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and experience in presenting to business and technical team including executive management, in an effective and persuasive manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Proven track record of meeting commitments while working on multiple projects at once
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
- Previous experience integrating with web CMS systems such as SiteCore or Drupal
- Previous experience with marketing system concepts such as user tagging, A/B testing, and web analytics
- Microsoft Visio
We are unable to accept applicants who currently or in the future will require a work Visa.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top