Analyst, Quality Assurance (1214-494)
LegalZoom is the leading, nationally recognized provider of personalized, affordable online legal solutions for families and small businesses. Founded more than 10 years ago by attorneys with experience at some of the top law firms in the country, LegalZoom has helped more than two million Americans with trial-tested legal documents. LegalZoom is not a law firm. You can get self-help services at your specific direction or use it to find an attorney through a legal plan.
Our QA team has a laser-focused passion for perfection. Our goal is to find the bugs, so our internal and external customers can live error-free. Since QA supports the release process, the team is expected to work on release nights. You’ll work closely with both developers and your fellow QA team members in the quest for a bug-free world.
We’re looking for a QA Engineer who is a self-starter and can learn quickly, maintain focus, work collaboratively in an Agile environment, and contribute to the improvement of our QA and release processes.
What you’ll do:
- Perform manual testing of web applications and related backend applications and systems
- Create Test Plans outlining test approach and risk mitigation
- Create and document Test Cases based on product requirements
- Execute Test Plans and Test Cases
- Log Test Results
- Write detailed defect reports and work with development to assist with their troubleshooting, resolution and validation
- Support release process and perform production site verification testing
- Run automated tests & report failures to test suite owners
- Other duties required by Management
- BA or BS degree required, preferably in related field
- Minimum of 3 years in the QA field in testing commercial web applications and supporting backend systems
- Knowledge of software development, QA methodologies & release process
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- Experience with Agile Sprint Management and Bug tracking solutions such as Jira or VersionOne
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Experience running automated tests
- Understanding of the architecture around web applications (web server, client/server communication, databases, proxy, etc.)
- Ability to execute SQL Queries and to make simple changes to existing ones
- Experience with Microsoft Command Prompt and ability to execute commands involving directory navigation, directory listing and program execution
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.
Back to top