Technical Support Engineer
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Leanplum helps brands orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Mobile disruptors like Tinder, Grab, TED, and Zynga rely on Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Delivering personal engagement in the moments that matter, Leanplum captures more than 15 billion data points each day and sends more than 5 billion push notifications per month.
Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Sofia, Bulgaria. Leanplum has received more than $46MM in funding from Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups of 2016, The Muse's Most Innovative Startups, and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com
Inside the walls of Leanplum (just kidding, our space is open), you’ll meet employees from 22 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Palm Springs and, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
About This Role:
Do you love helping people? Do you love problem solving? We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer extraordinaire who will be on the frontline of Leanplum’s customer care and support. This champion will resolve complex technical issues with enthusiasm, composure under pressure and a customer first attitude. S/he should be comfortable translating complex technical issues into a language that all levels of technical aptitude can understand (from Product to Developers to Marketing).
The Technical Support Engineer focuses on handling inbound escalations/inquiries that range from simple playbook best practices to digging into our codebase. This important role will also help with external client documentation, help mold the triaging process and provide guidance on best practices in support – Help us be the best in tackling client’s needs!
- Provide efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide guidance in iOS/Android SDK integration and overall Leanplum deployment
- Debug customer issues and create reproducible test cases
- Work directly with customers via email and phone
- Provide escalated technical and triage support when the occasion calls
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams
Given the wide scope of responsibilities, you will get to work with the following:
- Mobile technologies (iOS, Android, Unity)
- Backend and frontend frameworks
- Big Data: SQL and Spark
- Leanplum's mobile marketing automation product: (analytics, messaging & A/B testing)
- College degree (CS degree preferred) or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills & strong customer focus
- SaaS and API developer support experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively
- Proven analytical/problem solving ability
Strong technical experience in one of the following:
- 1+ years Mobile (iOS/Android) debugging and/or development experience
- 2+ years experience in an object-oriented programming language
- Big data (SQL or other database querying) experience
- 2-4 years experience supporting an enterprise level technical product
- Competitive Salaries
- Health insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Paid gym membership
- Delicious and healthy lunches
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top