Technical Support Engineer
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Brands rely on Leanplum to help them orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Global brands such as Tinder, Grab, Tesco, and Zynga turn to Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia. Leanplum has received more than $93 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com.
Inside the walls of Leanplum (just kidding, our space is open), you’ll meet employees from 22 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Palm Springs and, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
About This Role:
Do you love helping people? Do you love problem solving? We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer extraordinaire who will be on the frontline of Leanplum’s customer care and support. This champion will resolve complex technical issues with enthusiasm, composure under pressure and a customer first attitude. S/he should be comfortable translating complex technical issues into a language that all levels of technical aptitude can understand (from Product to Developers to Marketing).
The Technical Support Engineer focuses on handling inbound escalations/inquiries that range from simple playbook best practices to digging into our codebase. This important role will also help with external client documentation, help mold the triaging process and provide guidance on best practices in support – Help us be the best in tackling client’s needs!
- Provide efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide guidance in iOS/Android SDK integration and overall Leanplum deployment
- Debug customer issues and create reproducible test cases
- Work directly with customers via email and phone
- Provide escalated technical and triage support when the occasion calls
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams
Given the wide scope of responsibilities, you will get to work with the following:
- Mobile technologies (iOS, Android, Unity)
- Backend and frontend frameworks
- Big Data: SQL and Spark
- Leanplum's mobile marketing automation product: (analytics, messaging & A/B testing)
- College degree (CS degree preferred)
- Excellent communication skills & strong customer focus
- SaaS and API developer support experience preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively
- Proven analytical/problem solving ability
Strong technical experience in one of the following:
- 1+ years Mobile (iOS/Android) debugging and/or development experience
- 2+ years experience in a programming language such as JAVA, Objective C or Swift
- Big data (SQL or other database querying) experience
- 2-4 years experience supporting a Saas or mobile technical product
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Paid gym membership and phone plan
- Delicious and healthy lunches
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top