Tech Lead - Customer Reliability Engineer
Leanplum is the most complete mobile marketing platform, designed for intelligent action. Its integrated solution delivers meaningful engagement across messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics.
Top brands such as Expedia, Tesco, and Lyft trust Leanplum to create impactful relationships with their users. Leanplum was founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and has received over $46MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Discover more at https://www.leanplum.com.
Inside the walls of Leanplum (just kidding, our space is open), you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
About This Role:
We are seeking extraordinary talent to help fuel our distributed applications capable of serving over 1 billion mobile devices tracking over 1.5 billion analytical events/day equating to over 6000 requests/second and in the end generating over 1.5TB/day of data. That's just the beginning, our plan is to grow this 3x year over year.
If this kind of scale drives you then this is the right place.
Customer Reliability Engineering(CRE) is what you get when you treat customer delight as if it’s a software problem. This is an unusual job, unlike others in the industry. Unlike traditional technical support groups, we want to be proactive in monitoring customer’s usage of our platform and alerting any anomalies. This includes the ability to fix any issues with the platform before it becomes a P0 issue. Strong candidates for this team will have software engineering background.
This brand new team will drive customer success by increasing reliability and delighting customers with masterful knowledge of the entire stack.
The CRE team will
- Identify and fix common pitfalls across Leanplum platform
- Create internal tools for monitoring customer health, debugging and automation with a goal to reduce the customer calls
- Interact with our client base on issues along with the feature engineering and product team to determine paths of resolution.
- Fixing customer reported bugs
- Debug and provide solutions to customer issues
- Build and mentor a team of highly talented software engineers focusing on customer empathy
- Hands-on engineering across customer facing interfaces like the dashboard, SDK and API
- Manage multiple initiatives with multiple engineers potentially across multiple timezones in order to achieve our reliability and efficiency goals
- Mentor team members on best practices for development and design
- Identify pitfalls, automation opportunities and design tools to address them
- Collaborate with Product management on fixes and automation
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Helping to further automate customer reported issues
- Be relentlessly technical and capable of performing the role of any engineer
- 5+ years experience building high quality, performant and scalable web applications
- Hands-on technical experience combined with strong technical leadership and communication skills
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussion with the executive team.
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing cloud systems.
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design and/or expertise in Linux systems, performance and application issues.
- Expertise in web development technologies such as Django, Angular.js or React or the brains and brawn to become an expert.
- Good diagnostic and debugging sense, the ability to find a needle in a haystack (or a bug in a program stack.)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top