Staff Software Engineer - Backend (End-User Experiences)
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Brands rely on Leanplum to help them orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Global brands such as Tinder, Grab, Tesco, and Zynga turn to Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia. Leanplum has received more than $93 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com.
About This Role
Leanplum is looking for a Backend Staff Software Engineer to join our team in San Francisco. You will develop and scale our backend as well as use our data in interesting and novel ways. With 1000s of requests hitting our servers every second from millions of mobile devices around the world, there will be plenty of challenging projects to work on.
- Being part of specification/design phase
- Knowledge sharing/documentation for your responsibilities
- Developing new features by writing high quality and maintainable code
- Maintaining existing features by fixing bugs or refactoring existing code
- Writing automated tests, such as unit, functional, integration tests
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining detailed design docs
- Monitoring the functionality, availability of systems and features
- Releasing new versions of systems that you own as a tech lead
- CS degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding
- Expert experience with object oriented programming languages Java, C++
- Proficient experience with distributed systems, such as NoSQL databases and big data processing systems.
- Large scale data processing using MapReduce experience is a plus
- Analyzing and debugging performance issues across distributed systems
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious lunches catered daily
- Happy hours every Friday!
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top