Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Leanplum helps brands orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Mobile disruptors like Lyft, Tinder, Grab, TED, and Zynga rely on Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Delivering personal engagement in the moments that matter, Leanplum captures more than 15 billion data points each day and sends more than 5 billion push notifications per month.
Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Sofia, Bulgaria. Leanplum has received more than $46MM in funding from Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups of 2016, The Muse's Most Innovative Startups, and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com
At Leanplum you’ll meet employees from 22 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
The Junior Accountant will be reporting to the Director of Finance and will be collaborating with a small finance team. The ideal candidate will be a go-getter with a great attitude. They should have a strong initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and implement those improvements. You will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial processes.
- Ensure prompt and accurate billing and provisioning of customer accounts
- Respond to customer inquiries relating to invoices, payments, and contractual obligations
- Follow up with customers with past due balances to obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up on payment promises
- Review A/R aging reports to identify delinquent invoices requiring immediate follow-up
- Enter invoices and accounts payable into AP system
- Pay vendors on a timely basis
- Manage all vendors contracts, obtain W-9s, and field questions.
- Reconcile corporate credit cards
- Review and approval of employee expense reports per company’s policies
- Assist in month-end accounting closings, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Match reconciliations to ending balances on the GL
- Ensure compliance with internal and external financial, accounting, and administrative policies and procedures (GAAP)
- Assist with the year-end financial audits including reconciliations, supporting schedule preparation, and communication with external auditors.
- Adhere to and ensure the integrity of key accounting processes and system controls.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including data entry.
- Serve as backup for other Finance Department functions.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Assist with other accounting projects and ad-hoc projects.
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for policies, procedures, and controls.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years accounting experience
- A proven ability to problem solve and proactively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively and work well with colleagues across businesses and geographies in a high growth environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including complex formulas, is mandatory for success in this role.
- Ability to break down complex issues and tailor communication style to a range of audiences, including non-accountants, and to clearly articulate ideas, solutions, and conclusions to stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches and dinners
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top