Software Engineer - Scalability
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Leanplum helps brands orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Mobile disruptors like Lyft, Tinder, Grab, TED, and Zynga rely on Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Delivering personal engagement in the moments that matter, Leanplum captures more than 15 billion data points each day and sends more than 5 billion push notifications per month. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Sofia, Bulgaria. Leanplum has received more than $46MM in funding from Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups of 2016, The Muse's Most Innovative Startups, and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com
About This Role
We are seeking extraordinary talent to help fuel our distributed application capable of serving over 1.5 billion mobile devices tracking over 10 billion actions day, equating to over 30,000 requests/second and generating terabytes of data per day. That's just the beginning; our plan is to triple our growth over the next year.
If this kind of scale piques your interest, then Leanplum is the place for you! The Scalability team is a brand new full-stack engineering team whose mission is to create the most seamless experience possible for the engineers, PMs, and marketers that use our product. This team will devise creative solutions that simplify the onboarding experience, ensure world-class reliability, and achieve success for our 100+ enterprise customers, including Lyft, Tinder, and Zynga, in a way that will scale to thousands of customers.
- Work with a team of highly talented Software Engineers through the entire software development process, including design, architecture, code quality, testing, deployment, security, and monitoring.
- Hands-on software development across our entire infrastructure, including our customer dashboard, mobile SDKs, API, and analytics services.
- Design features and improvements considering tradeoffs in impact, effort, technical debt, and cost.
- Collaborate with all engineering teams, Product Management, Design, and Customer Success, with opportunities to interact with our customers.
- Demonstrate customer empathy.
- 3+ years experience building high quality, performant and scalable web applications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design and/or expertise in Linux systems, performance and application issues.
- Good diagnostic and debugging sense - the ability to find a needle in a haystack (or a bug in a program stack)
- Adept at pattern recognition by using data analysis techniques in time-series and snapshot data
- Verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in cross-functional discussions
- Expertise with a wide variety of development tools like IntelliJ, Xcode, Android Studio, Git etc
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems, data processing pipelines, and concurrency patterns
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly contributions to personal health and wellness
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious lunch catered daily
- Themed happy hour every Friday
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top