Software Engineer - Mobile (End-User Experiences)
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Brands rely on Leanplum to help them orchestrate multi-channel campaigns - from messaging to the in-app experience - all from a single, integrated platform. Global brands such as Tinder, Grab, Tesco, and Zynga turn to Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia. Leanplum has received more than $93 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups and SF Business Times' Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com.
About the Role
As an Engineer, you can scope technical solutions and contribute to a project from beginning to end. You build high quality, efficient and open sourced SDK libraries that are embedded in billions of devices in the world. You are able to exhibit good anticipation skills and design skills to ensure these are evolving as the mobile ecosystem scales and diversifies. SDKs and features you work on that can easily be modified and expanded to adapt to new usage patterns and customer needs.
You are also expected to be collaborative and have good communication skills. You work well with members in the pod and outside, are able to have productive discussions with a wide audience, and are a trusted voice of the pod.
About the Team
As an engineer on the End-User Experiences pod at Leanplum, you’ll have the opportunity to redefine what’s possible in relationship marketing. The mission of the End-User Experiences team (known internally as E2) is to enable marketers to effectively reach and engage their end-users at every touchpoint. We own everything from the message composition experience on the Leanplum dashboard to ensuring users are receiving the hundreds of millions of messages Leanplum sends to users everyday, across all platforms and devices. This includes building the open-sourced SDKs that are now installed on billions of devices, on platforms like Android, iOS, Unity and Web. Our products are some of the most visible and customer-facing of all teams in the company.
- Being part of specification/design phase
- Knowledge sharing/documentation for your responsibilities
- Developing new features by writing high quality and maintainable code
- Maintaining existing features by fixing bugs or refactoring existing code
- Writing automated tests, such as unit, functional, integration tests
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining detailed design docs
- Monitoring the functionality, availability of systems and features
- Releasing new versions of systems that you own as a tech lead
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software development experience, with extensive experience in Mobile (Android/iOS/Unity)
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with testing (unit testing concepts and frameworks)
- Experience working with mobile SDKs a huge plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious lunch catered daily
- Happy hours every Friday!
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top