Senior Software Engineer-Back-End
Leanplum is the most complete mobile marketing platform, designed for intelligent action. Our integrated solution delivers meaningful engagement across messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics.
Top brands such as Expedia, Tesco, and Lyft trust us to create impactful relationships with their users. We were founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and have received over $17MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Kleiner Perkins and Shasta Ventures.
Inside Leanplum, you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer-Backend to join our growing team in San Francisco. You’ll have the opportunity to solve creative challenges. With the resources of experienced leadership and a world-class Engineering team, you can bring these ideas to our enterprise customers.
About This Role
Leanplum is looking for a Software Engineer-Backend to join our team in San Francisco. You will develop and scale our backend as well as use our data in interesting and novel ways. With 1000s of requests hitting our servers every second from millions of mobile devices around the world, there will be plenty of challenging projects to work on.
- CS degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding
- Expert experience with object oriented programming languages Java, C++, and/or Python
- Proficiency experience with Cassandra and/or Spark
- Familiarity with Data Visualization and Distributed Systems
- Large scale data processing using MapReduce experience is a plus
- Blackbelt in analyzing and debugging performance issues across distributed systems
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Catered lunches and dinners
- Themed happy hour every Friday
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top