Senior Software Engineer (Platform Engineer)
Leanplum is the most complete mobile marketing platform, designed for intelligent action. Its integrated solution delivers meaningful engagement across messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics.
Top brands such as Expedia, Tesco, and Lyft trust Leanplum to create impactful relationships with their users. Leanplum was founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and has received over $46MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Discover more at https://www.leanplum.com.
Inside the walls of Leanplum (just kidding, our space is open), you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
About This Role
We are seeking extraordinary talent to help fuel our distributed applications capable of serving over 1 billion mobile devices tracking over 1.5 billion analytical events/day equating to over 6000 requests/second and in the end generating over 1.5TB/day of data.
As a part of our world-class software engineering team, you will be charged with architecting, designing, developing, and supporting Internet-scale features and infrastructures at Leanplum. The ideal candidate will be excited for the challenge to transform and think critically on many computer science disciplines including product design, usability, building APIs and user-centric online applications, business logic, scaling performance, and 24x7 reliability.
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
- Provide design guidelines, impart knowledge on technical trends and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on systems configuration and integration, capacity planning, performance analysis and optimization.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and inculcate a strong engineering culture based on code reviews, post-mortems, continuous integration.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience building components of a data workflow management platform including a schedulers, queuing systems, state management systems, job executors, etc.
- Experience building pipelines from ingestion to delivery in critical data applications
- Strong algorithms / data structure experience
- Experience extending and implementing core functionality and libraries in data processing platforms (Map Reduce, HDFS, Apache Spark, etc).
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
Caitlin leads the Field Marketing Team, formulating event strategy and sales enablement. Focused on hosted events, sponsored events, and webinars, Caitlin aims to educate the industry about the advantages Leanplum provides.
Back to top