Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Sofia, Bulgaria)
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Brands rely on Leanplum to help them orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Global brands such as Tinder, Grab, Tesco, and Zynga turn to Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia. Leanplum has received more than $93 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com.
Inside Leanplum, you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer-Backend to join our growing team in our Sofia, Bulgaria office. You’ll have the opportunity to solve creative challenges. With the resources of experienced leadership and a world-class Engineering team, you can bring these ideas to our enterprise customers.
About This Role
You will develop and scale our backend as well as use our data in interesting and novel ways. With 1000s of requests hitting our servers every second from millions of mobile devices around the world, there will be plenty of challenging projects to work on.
- CS degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding
- Expert experience with object oriented programming languages Java, C++, and/or Python
- Proficiency experience with Cassandra and/or Spark
- Familiarity with Data Visualization and Distributed Systems
- Large scale data processing using MapReduce experience is a plus
- Blackbelt in analyzing and debugging performance issues across distributed systems
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Catered lunches and dinners
- Themed happy hour every Friday
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top