Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Brands rely on Leanplum to help them orchestrate multi-channel campaigns – from messaging to the in-app experience – all from a single, integrated platform. Global brands such as Tinder, Grab, Tesco, and Zynga turn to Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia. Leanplum has received more than $93 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider’s Most Valuable Enterprise Startups and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work.
About The Role
As a Senior Engineer, you are a technical leader in your team. You can independently scope technical solutions and drive a project from beginning to end. You build distributed, high volume systems and are able to exhibit good anticipation skills and design skills. Services and features you work on that can easily be modified and expanded to adapt to new usage patterns and customer needs.
You are also expected to be collaborative and have good communication skills. You work well with members in the pod and outside, are able to have productive discussions with a wide audience, and are a trusted voice of the pod.
You improve the team and the company. You improve the quality of the code in your pod, contribute to finding and solving problems in your team and supporting broader initiatives.
You are a good mentor and can mentor other junior team members to be successful team mates, both technically and culturally.
- A problem solver: You are scrappy, ingenious, and relentless in solving extremely complex problems.
- Customer focused: You are passionate about creating web apps used by demanding enterprise customers and building delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, product designers and customer support teams to build product features and high quality products.
- Developing new features by writing high quality and maintainable code
- Contributing to the specification / design of phase of new initiatives
- Writing, reviewing, and maintaining detailed design docs
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience with system design, algorithms, data structures, and coding.
- Experience and skill with Java and other object oriented languages (Python a plus)
- Experience analyzing and debugging performance issues across distributed systems.
- Experience with Data Visualization
- Experience with containerization and services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience developing a maintainable codebase and optimizing code for performance
- Communication, collaboration, and positive attitude to work in a fast-paced environment
Perks & Benefits
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious catered meals
- Table tennis, corn hole, and foosball
- Happy hours every week
- Cold brew and kombucha on tap
- Dogs, dogs, and more dogs!
Leanplum is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. When necessary, we also make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees and for pregnant employees who request an accommodation, with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions
Back to top