Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Leanplum helps brands orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Mobile disruptors like Lyft, Tinder, Grab, TED, and Zynga rely on Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Delivering personal engagement in the moments that matter, Leanplum captures more than 15 billion data points each day and sends more than 5 billion push notifications per month. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Sofia, Bulgaria. Leanplum has received more than $46MM in funding from Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups of 2016, The Muse's Most Innovative Startups, and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com
About This Role
Leanplum is looking for a Software Engineer-Backend to join our team in San Francisco. You will develop and scale our backend as well as use our data in interesting and novel ways. With 1000s of requests hitting our servers every second from millions of mobile devices around the world, there will be plenty of challenging projects to work on.
- CS degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding
- Expert experience with object oriented programming languages Java, C++, and/or Python
- Proficiency experience with Cassandra and/or Spark
- Familiarity with Data Visualization and Distributed Systems
- Large scale data processing using MapReduce experience is a plus
- Blackbelt in analyzing and debugging performance issues across distributed systems
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Catered lunches and dinners
- Themed happy hour every Friday
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top