Senior BackEnd (ML) Engineer
Leanplum is building the marketing cloud for the mobile era. Its integrated platform delivers meaningful user engagement across both messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics — all in a single solution.
Leanplum is developing an unprecedented infrastructure that lets our customers make intelligent choices. Our marketing automation platform tracks over a billion mobile devices, collecting over 3TB of data/day. Tracking every swipe and taps, Leanplum is pioneering a fundamental rethink of how companies develop their marketing strategies with real-time information and how they engage with greater precision in today’s mobile world.
Top brands such as Lyft, Tesco, and Tinder trust Leanplum to create impactful relationships with their mobile users. Leanplum was founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and has received over $46MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Discover more at https://www.leanplum.com.
Inside the walls of Leanplum, you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
Leanplum is looking to hire a talented engineer to transform the future of relationship marketing based on intelligence and machine learning. Leanplum has collected over 15 billion events per day from over 1 billion users from apps you use every day, like Lyft, Tinder, Macy’s, and Bleacher Report. Our goal is to extract as much value as possible from this data and productize it so that marketers can provide the best, most personalized experience to their users. The ideal candidate will have experience working with big data and build production-grade services to handle Leanplum’s massive scale.
- Work with data scientists and software engineers on Leanplum’s most ambitious team, focusing on intelligently determining from data how to optimally engage app users to drive retention and usage
- Develop software to produce Leanplum’s data intelligence features such as optimal time & channel, predictive analysis (churn), automated segmentation (user targeting), app insights etc
- Contribute to data collection, processing pipelines and infrastructure to train Machine Learning models
- Build predictive services that deliver low latency predictions from machine-learned models that are continuously updated.
- Design, Build and Deploy services that allow us to scale across customers/verticals
- Mentor data engineers to efficiently build and optimize models
- Develop engineering specs and quickly prototype experimental solutions
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
- 3+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems.
- Experience with Spark for big data processing, BigQuery, HDFS, MapReduce/Dataflow and distributed key-value stores
- Experience building and releasing web services with clearly documented and versioned APIs using a service-oriented architecture
- Demonstrated experience extracting value from multi-terabyte per day volumes of data and productionizing these systems
- 3+ years experience with either Java or Scala
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches and dinners
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top