Sales Development Representative
Leanplum is the mobile marketing platform built for engagement. Brands rely on Leanplum to help them orchestrate multi-channel campaigns — from messaging to the in-app experience — all from a single, integrated platform. Global brands such as Tinder, Grab, Tesco, and Zynga turn to Leanplum to accelerate growth and build long-term customer relationships. Founded in 2012, Leanplum is based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia. Leanplum has received more than $93 million in funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Shasta Ventures. Leanplum has been named to Business Insider's Most Valuable Enterprise Startups and SF Business Times’ Best Places to Work. Learn more at www.leanplum.com.
Inside the walls of Leanplum (just kidding, our space is open), you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
We're looking for a Outbound Sales Development Representative to join our growing team in San Francisco. You’ll have the opportunity to solve creative challenges. With the resources of experienced leadership and a world-class Sales team, you can bring these ideas to our enterprise customers.
About This Role
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will play a key role in building our sales pipeline in order to support our rapidly growing business. As a member of the team, you will coordinate closely with our sales organization to research, prospect and create opportunities for the sales team. The SDR very often has the first (and therefore the most important) opportunity to make a positive impression on a potential customer, so you will be responsible for starting an experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow up.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter, with high energy, positive phone presence, have a team player mentality, and is willing to take coaching advice and apply it immediately. Familiarity with the mobile space and a proven track record of effective, credible lead follow up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization are definitely pluses.
- Methodically research, prospect and do outreach to targeted accounts and speak about Leanplum products via phone and email to create sales ready opportunities
- Engage with the industry leading Media, Retail, and Travel organizations who are moving more and more to a mobile-first model
- Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up and generate interest
- Become a credible resource and develop trusted relationships with prospects
- Collaborate with marketing to support successful campaigns
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Leanplum products
- Minimum of 1 year experience in demand gen or cold call sales
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification and objection handling skills
- Solid communication skills – both verbal and written
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time management skills
- Passion for testing, measuring and improving outreach and follow up effectiveness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience using Salesforce.com a plus
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches and dinners
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
As part of the Sales Team, Melanie's job is to help enterprise brands better understand and engage with their mobile app customers.
Back to top