Principal Software Engineer, Core Product Services
Leanplum is the most complete mobile marketing platform, designed for intelligent action. Its integrated solution delivers meaningful engagement across messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics.
Top brands such as Expedia, Tesco, and Lyft trust Leanplum to create impactful relationships with their users. Leanplum was founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and has received over $46MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Discover more at https://www.leanplum.com.
Inside Leanplum, you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
About This Role:
We are seeking extraordinary talent to help fuel our distributed applications capable of serving over 1 billion mobile devices tracking over 6 billion analytical events/day equating to over 17,000 requests/second and in the end generating over 1.5TB/day of data.
Leanplum’s backend engineering team is looking for a strong senior engineer. The team is responsible for server side micro services and jobs that drive the customer facing interface as well as mobile SDKs and APIs.
Success in this role requires a solid background in analytics, mobile, cloud computing infrastructure and large scale enterprise class software. The ideal candidate for this position possesses an in-depth knowledge of infrastructure and platform services and cloud delivery frameworks. Candidate needs to be an experienced, proven leader who has delivered complex products and is capable of providing hands on technical leadership and build high performance engineering teams.
What you’ll be doing…
- Spend about 70% time on coding and code/design reviews
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Involve in setting product strategy
- Building a core set of common services and API’s that could be used internally and for external customers
- Set the requirements for developer excellence and solid engineering process practices and development methodologies
- Ensure the product meets the standards of reliability, high-availability, scalability, performance and security
- Live a culture of quality, and provide hands on guidance to the team on fast feedback loops on development and QA environments; has worked with effective continuous integration environments
- Work closely with QA to establish clean, well defined sprint cycles, that product high quality code that sparkle, dazzle and impress your clients
- Actively coach and mentor team members in on best practices
Who you are...
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Solid expertise with Java, Java concurrency, caching, Spark, HDFS, Map Reduce, and cloud storage e.g S3, GCS
- Expert level experience in Cloud technologies (AWS/GCP).
- A technologist at heart fluent in multiple technology stacks; experienced at full stack development; understand how to navigate server infrastructure and large scale systems; fluent in performance tuning techniques at the JVM level and the network application architecture level; has built a system that used pre-compiled byte code
- Strong use of standard/expert level development methodologies, use of metrics, quality first engineering, and test driven development
- Are fluent in conversations about performance, scalability, and are familiar with HA idioms. You are often heard using terms such as transactions, sessions, and response times
- An individual with a go getter mentality. Someone who is hungry, has strong work ethic, and wants to prove themselves. Willing to roll up the sleeves and code
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious lunch catered daily
- Themed happy hour every Friday!
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
Caitlin leads the Field Marketing Team, formulating event strategy and sales enablement. Focused on hosted events, sponsored events, and webinars, Caitlin aims to educate the industry about the advantages Leanplum provides.
Back to top