Director of Product Marketing
Leanplum is the most complete mobile marketing platform, designed for intelligent action. Our integrated solution delivers meaningful engagement across messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics.
Top brands such as Expedia, Tesco, and Lyft trust us to create impactful relationships with their users. We were founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and have received over $46MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Kleiner Perkins and Shasta Ventures.
Inside Leanplum, you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
About This Role:
We are looking for an exceptional leader who will build the Product Marketing function within Leanplum. You will be responsible for developing and executing the go-to-market strategy for all products and features. This can be broken down into three components: research, messaging and go-to-market execution.
Research: You will conduct customer research, incl. win/loss interviews, to understand customer needs and pain points and identify product gaps and other areas of improvement. You will also own competitive research and analysis and develop competitive product teardowns.
Messaging: You will leverage your industry insights to create unique positioning for new products and features. You will create simple, concrete and differentiated messaging and work with marketing team to execute across channels. Finally, you will develop sales training and content (incl. onesheets, whitepapers, presentations, blog posts and research papers) to enable customer facing teams to communicate our value proposition effectively.
Go-to-market execution: In collaboration with product, marketing and customer success teams, you will launch new products and execute go-to-market strategies. In addition, you will develop Analyst Relations program and deliver differentiated content via briefings, surveys and demos.
What you bring:
- You have the ability to simplify complex technical issues and explain them in a concrete, memorable language.
- You are a natural storyteller, who can intrigue listeners to want to know more and who uses emotions to get people to care.
- You are data driven, you use numbers to give credibility to your claims.
- You can think out of the box and find novel, surprising ways to engage audience with your content.
- You are well organized and a strong collaborator with a history of managing a cross-functional product launch teams and delivering new products successfully to market.
- You have a strong interest in becoming the product expert and bringing the voice of the customer to the product development and launch process.
- You are technically savvy, capable of building a simple “Hello World” mobile app to evaluate competing product SDKs.
- 7+ years of product marketing/management experience including 3+ years of experience in enterprise software or SaaS space.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics, math, science, statistics or relevant field. MBA strongly preferred.
- Successful track record of launching software products.
- A portfolio of marketing materials that showcases your ability to explain value proposition of a product in a concrete, memorable language.
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches and dinners
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Back to top