Director of Machine Learning Engineering
Leanplum is building the marketing cloud for the mobile era. Its integrated platform delivers meaningful user engagement across both messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics — all in a single solution.
Leanplum is developing an unprecedented infrastructure that lets our customers make intelligent choices. Our marketing automation platform tracks over a billion mobile devices, collecting over 3TB of data/day. Tracking every swipe and taps, Leanplum is pioneering a fundamental rethink of how companies develop their marketing strategies with real-time information and how they engage with greater precision in today’s mobile world.
Top brands such as Lyft, Tesco, and Tinder trust Leanplum to create impactful relationships with their mobile users. Leanplum was founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and has received over $46MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Discover more at https://www.leanplum.com.
Inside the walls of Leanplum, you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
Leanplum is looking to hire an innovative engineer and leader to drive our intelligence part of our platform. Given Leanplum’s massive scale and treasure trove of data, the ideal candidate will be able to discern this and build product features that will delight our customers.
- Lead Leanplum’s data intelligence efforts which includes intelligence features on our customer dashboard, improvements to data collection and processing pipelines and infrastructure to run Machine Learning experiments
- Drive product engineering efforts like optimal time & channel, predictive analysis (churn), better segmentation(user targeting), app insights etc
- Build an engineering workflow to experiment, test and deploy a massively scalable models.
- Design, Build and Deploy services that allow us to scale across customers/verticals
- Mentor data engineers to efficiently build and optimize models
- Collaborate with the Product team to fine tune engineering specs and quickly prototype experimental solutions
- An advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D degree) in Computer Science, Mathematics/statistics or similar analytical or qualitative program.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems.
- Demonstrated experience extracting value from multi-Terabyte per day volumes of data and productionizing these systems
- Depth of knowledge on a wide variety of statistical analysis, data mining, data science techniques like machine learning, deep learning etc
- Experience with cloud and distributed technologies like Spark, BigQuery, HDFS, MapReduce/DataFlow and Key-Value stores
- 5+ years experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C/C++, C#, Perl.
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as R, Numpy and MATLAB/Octave.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches and dinners
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Meet Some of Leanplum's Employees
Caitlin leads the Field Marketing Team, formulating event strategy and sales enablement. Focused on hosted events, sponsored events, and webinars, Caitlin aims to educate the industry about the advantages Leanplum provides.
Back to top