Director - Full Stack Engineer
Leanplum is the most complete mobile marketing platform, designed for intelligent action. Its integrated solution delivers meaningful engagement across messaging and the in-app experience. Leanplum offers Messaging, Automation, App Editing, Personalization, A/B Testing, and Analytics.
Top brands such as Expedia, Tesco, and Lyft trust Leanplum to create impactful relationships with their users. Leanplum was founded in 2012 by former Google engineers with years of experience in optimization and has received over $46MM in funding from top-tier VCs like Canaan Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and Shasta Ventures. Discover more at https://www.leanplum.com.
Inside the walls of Leanplum, you’ll meet employees from 16 countries and counting. We house a world champion air guitarist, three medalists from programming competitions, and six loyal office dogs who greet you at the door with tails wagging. Past perks have included company vacations to Mexico and Tahoe, Alfred Hitchcock movie nights, and costume parties. But most of all, we believe in gratitude, collaboration, and karma.
About This Role:
We are seeking extraordinary talent to help fuel our distributed applications capable of serving over 1 billion mobile devices tracking over 1.5 billion analytical events/day equating to over 6000 requests/second and in the end generating over 1.5TB/day of data.
Leanplum’s frontend (UI) engineering team develops customer dashboard for message creation, data analysis and visualization apps on top of our platform. You will work with engineers to solve challenging UI/UX problems related to creating campaigns, analyzing and visualizing massive datasets. You will build software that effectively communicates the results of sophisticated data analysis techniques to our users. You can develop ambitious and novel solutions to hard problems, and your attention to detail motivates you to do the unglamorous work that leads to a stable, refined product. You are smart, friendly, and you enjoy working with others to pursue a common goal.
- You will own the front-end development for our customer dashboard and collaborate with visual/interaction designers, other engineers, and product managers to launch new products, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
- Experience building and maintaining apps used by demanding customers.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Your specific expertise will be required to make the site delightful, secure, performant and accessible to all our members.
- Quickly grow to manage and mentor a team of high-achieving engineers.
- Meet with colleagues including product managers, designers and other engineers assigned to your project(s).
- 5+ years experience building high quality, performant and scalable web applications.
- Expertise in working with all aspects of an application; you’re just as comfortable building user interfaces as you are designing and implementing the data models and infrastructure that power them.
- Experience with mentoring (or managing) people. Previous experience in a team lead role is ideal.
- Expertise in web development technologies such as Django, Angular.js or React or the brains and brawn to become an expert.
- Good diagnostic and debugging sense, the ability to find a needle in a haystack (or a bug in a program stack.)
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive.
- You lead by example, by setting the right context and by helping teammate do their best work.
- Competitive Salaries
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Peer bonuses
- Delicious and healthy lunches
- TGIF happy hours
- Ping pong, darts, and foosball
- Puppies galore
Build more than a Career. Create Meaning.
Back to top